Are you looking for a way to connect with your customers on a deeper level? Have you considered using an SMS Keyword? An SMS Keyword is a word or phrase that allows your customers to interact with your business via text messaging. In this ultimate guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about SMS Keywords and how to choose the perfect one for your business. From understanding what an SMS Keyword is to explore the different types of SMS Keywords, you’ll gain all the knowledge you need to make the best decision for your business. So let’s get started and find the perfect SMS Keyword for you!
What is an SMS keyword?
An SMS keyword is a word or phrase that customers can text to your business shortcode to interact with you via text messaging. You can use SMS keywords to collect subscribers for specific lists based on their interests or services. When someone texts your keyword to the shortcode or 10-digit phone number, they will be added to the list associated with that keyword. This is an effective way to build your contact list and tailor messages to their interests.
Why are SMS keywords important?
When it comes to marketing campaigns, list segmentation is vital. List segmentation allows you to send highly targeted messages to each customer and ensure that your message is as relevant as possible. Using keywords, you can segment your lists into targeted groups to send the most effective message to each individual.
SMS Keywords are an effective way of gathering opt-ins for SMS campaigns. Opt-ins are essential for compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, which requires customers to give their consent before businesses can send them any marketing messages. Keywords make it easy for customers to opt-in with a simple text message.
Using keywords also helps brands to personalize their messages for each customer. For example, suppose you ask customers to text a keyword to join a loyalty program. In that case, you can track what keywords they used and use that data to personalize offers and messages to each customer based on their interests.
A fun fact: Did you know that SMS keywords are becoming increasingly popular in social media campaigns? For example, some businesses now use keywords in Twitter hashtag campaigns to track better and measure results.
No matter the type of SMS campaign, SMS keywords are an invaluable tool for targeting and tracking customers, engaging them with personalized messages, and staying compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act.
How to choose the perfect SMS keyword for your business
Choosing an effective SMS Keyword ensures customers can easily find and interact with your company via shortcode text messaging. An SMS Keyword should be easy to remember, relevant to your business, and preferably short.
- Choose a keyword relevant to your business – Your SMS Keyword should be closely related to your company or product. That way, customers can identify it quickly when looking for your services.
- Make it memorable – An effective SMS Keyword should be easy to remember. This will help increase the number of customers using your service.
- Keep it simple: Your SMS keyword should be easy to remember and understand. Make it simple enough, as people are more likely to remember it.
- Use an existing word – If you’re having trouble coming up with something original, consider using a current term related to your business. For example, a pizzeria could use “PIZZA” as their keyword.
Following these tips, you can select the perfect SMS Keyword for your business. This will help ensure customers can easily find and interact with your company via text messaging.
Tips for using SMS keywords
- Promote your keyword: Make sure to promote your SMS keyword across all of your channels. Add it to your website, emails, social media, etc.
- Monitor usage: Monitor the use of your SMS keyword to gauge how successful it is and make changes if necessary.
- Run campaigns: Use your SMS keyword to encourage customers to text in and interact with your business. You can use it in contests, giveaways, promotions, etc.
The bottom line is that text keywords are an excellent way to grow your subscriber list. They are accessible to the market and let you handle the legal aspects of compliance. With autoresponders, the entire process can be automated, requiring minimal time and effort from you. You have to choose an easy-to-use platform for your SMS campaigns and select a keyword that is simple to remember, relevant, and unlikely to be misspelled. With this guide and the right keyword, you’ll be well on your way to building an effective SMS campaign and engaging with your customers.